Thursday, May 26, 2011

Loss

     Earlier today I took the dogs for a long walk and near the end of it I went through the graveyard where my brother Levi was buried nearly ten years ago. I never thought that I would get to a state of peace after such a loss, but I think I finally have. 
     Standing there, and looking at the stone all I could do was smile, while I read what is engraved on the head stone. 

"Love consists in this; to feel another's joy as joy in oneself, this is to love." (Divine Love and Wisdom 47) 

       I was smiling because I know the joy that he is experiencing in heaven. It has taken me a decade to get past my own temporary loss, to realize the joy that he must be experiencing. And this truly makes me happy. 

     Along these same thoughts, I would just like to remember a few other people who have passed into the other world, and send my love to them; and to the people who may be feeling the loss of their loved ones, I hope that you may feel the heavenly joys being felt by our friends, and family in heaven. 

     Levi, Isabelle, Justin, Max, Jason, Eva, We miss you all! 

     

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this blog.

    One of the things that has helped me for the past 10 years has been the way the Lord has literally swooped in and filled in the gaps. No, the loss and hole left behind is still there, but now it is ever so gently covered over by the influx and care of friends and family that I (in the past) ignored or took for granted. The family that I have and is growing - the grandchildren that fill my life (and house). The old friends that I now have a deeper more real connection with and with the new friendships that bless my life because these friendships began AFTER. Yes I am changed by my loss - but am now more my real self when entering into new relationship.

    Even with the HOLE my life is WHOLE

    Bonnie (mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom.
    It is amazing how the Lord can take something so difficult, and bring good out of it. For some reason this makes me think of the statement "The Lord never gives us something we cannot handle." However the truth of the matter is that we are always given more than we can handle by ourselves, but if we turn to the Lord in times of despair, He can and will bring the best out of everything and anything.

    This is how we grow.
    Love you mom

    ReplyDelete